Monday, March 14, 2016

March 15 Update

Last week, Teresa and I started teaching our three students one of the simpler well known pieces, Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel. In the previous weeks, we had still been instructing them in some basic techniques such as finger placement and dynamic control. We believed that they were ready to move on to this song because it is a slow and relatively easy piece to learn. We had our first rehearsal with everybody present for the first time in a long time on Friday. Because of our everchanging and dynamic schedules, Teresa has been teaching on Mondays, and I have been teaching on Fridays. One thing we did notice about teaching is that it is a lot easier and a lot more productive to do one on one lessons rather than in groups.When we have personalized lessons, they seem to learn more and progress faster. This may be due to a disparity in some of their skill levels because some of them have been a lot more consistent in attending than others.

As we wrap up this project, Teresa and I are most likely going to make a video displaying their progress. In the video, our students will be playing the song that they are learning.

(I have some pictures that I have taken that I will upload later if I remember)

No comments:

Post a Comment